Borrowed for the Good Borrowed for the Good

clanky

there's a whole lot going on and, thankfully, most of it goes with everything else. Even with all the busy drum work, it feels like it could stand (withstand?) some more intensity on the clanky side of things. A chorus on the "clank" sound, and maybe an ambient delay on the snare?

Short, needs vocals?

Sparrow on Acid (demo mix) Sparrow on Acid (demo mix)

Solid.

A pretty polished song.
The melody is incredibly fuzzy/distorted; a cleaner feel could benefit this song.
I like the various soundbytes and ambience. They're quite exceptional.
The drums are a little cliche as well, but the whole thing combines into a pretty solid DnB track.

Overall, I'd just like to hear some more experimentation and variation in your music.

Pritch-DNB responds:

Cheers for the honest critical review man. I appreciate your suggestions and will look into making use of them in further versions of this mix,as this is very much a work in progress.

Double A Double A

Hardcore 8-bit

This song is pretty impressive.
I really like the hardcore/power-metal bass drum. The stuttered snare is also badass as hell. The detuned melody gives it an awesome atari flavor. The song also loops really well, which is a bit of an added bonus, but could be seen as being too repetitive to some people. I crazy 8-bit drum solo and a section with double-timed melody could make the song a little more crazy without necessarily making it too busy.
The grunting "Oeh!" mario-esque sounds are a great accent.
Overall it's a really clean song that deserves at least a 4.0.

The-Shat-Man responds:

Thanks yo. I suppose this could be a bit repetitive. But it wouldnt be a video game tune if it werent. =D